Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heifer International Global Passport Program

I'm so excited to learn that I have been accepted to participate this summer as a Walton MBA Student in the Heifer International Global Passport Experience where I will travel to Heifer Ranch in Perryville, Arkansas August 13-16, 2012. The Walton College sponsors funding for 15 students each summer, which covers the full program cost of $155 per student. From the Career Development Center's website, "the Global Passport Program is a half educational and half service-oriented 3 night experience where students will be exposed to a variety of activities and educational experiences, including educational workshops and team-building exercises that explore the causes and effects of hunger and poverty throughout the world. The program also consists of overnight stays in Heifer’s Global Village, providing participants a better understanding of the complications of hunger and poverty by living the lessons first-hand. Participants will sleep outdoors throughout the program and participate in various outdoor activities."

When Heather Sprandel came from the Career Development Center during orientation earlier this semester and mentioned the Global Passport Program, I immediately knew that I wanted to participate so I began working on my application right away! I'm ecstatic to learn that I have been selected, and I can't wait for August! This is going to be a really exciting summer for me! :o)

You can read more about the global village and Heifer International at their website here: http://www.heifer.org/visit/global-passport as well as the Walton College Program here: http://waltoncollege.uark.edu/career/passport.asp.





- Tammy :o)

1 comment: