Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Sustainability Consortium Member Summit

This week, I have been traveling with my internship through Kellogg's as a Sustainability Intern and am attending the Inaugural Sustainability Consortium Member Summit and Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona. Yesterday was the CAC Meeting and we got a glimpse into how some retailers are implementing Sustainability plans using the TSC Tools (Dossiers, Category Sustainability Profiles, and Key Performance Indicators). We heard in detail from Walmart and Tesco on their programs and progress. Today we are having break out sessions during the Member Summit on a range of different topics from social responsibility, innovation, geographic dimensions of sustainability, and technology. I've already learned so much about the Sustainability Consortium and the value of collaboration on such an important issue that impacts the whole world. To learn more about TSC and their work, visit their website here: http://www.sustainabilityconsortium.org/.


As for me, I'm loving the Valley of the Sun, and I am excited that I will get to return again next week for the MBA Women International Leadership Conference and Career Fair. Ciao for now!

- Tammy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment