Friday, May 18, 2012

HONG KONG!

I made it to Hong Kong tonight! After a long 15 hour flight from Chicago leaving yesterday at 1:30pm CST, we touched down at Hong Kong International Airport 5:55pm HKT. Shockingly, the flight didn't actually seem that long. I had made sure to download plenty of entertainment onto my new handy dandy iPad (the whole first season of 'Hart of Dixie'...) to keep me occupied. When I arrived, half of our group was already here as the undergrads spent a week in Zhuhai studying Chinese culture and met the grad students in Hong Kong. My roommate, Lily, is actually from China, and she has already proven to be a marvelous resource as she took me to dinner tonight and showed me the ropes. Tomorrow we have a free day in Hong Kong and then the next day we visit Li & Fung for our first business visit. So far, all is well, and I'm absolutely loving China. That's all for tonight, but I will keep you posted as the week goes on. For now, here's a photo of our view from our room. Ciao!

- Tammy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment